1. Students that hold positions of Graduate Assistant Teaching (GAT), Graduate Assistant Non-Teaching (GANT) and Graduate Assistant Research (GAR) are normally required to work 20 hours per week (50%)
2. These positions are not allowed to work beyond 50% efforts without the approval of the Office of Graduate Studies.
3. International students are not allowed to work beyond whatever percent of effort their assistantship is for the fall and spring semesters, in accordance with immigration rules.
4. International students are allowed to work extra hours during the summer or breaks in the semester (such as Spring Break, Thanksgiving week and Christmas Holidays)
5. Domestic students are allowed to work no more than 10 hours per week beyond the assistantship anytime during the semesters provided they are correctly registered and the department giving the assistantship approves the extra hours.
6. As referenced in #2, a written request must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Studies from the hiring entity through the department giving the assistantship (if the hiring entity is not the department giving the assistantship).